Artists who play with fictional narratives, through (absent of) sound, mixing different images, language:
Using sound/noise to suggest direction for images, craft narrative through this.
- Tova Mozard (maybe a bit too conceptual, too dry)
● Janet Cardiff, Night Walk for Edinburgh
● Tracey Moffatt
● Gisele Vienne, choreographer, Crowd
- Lygia Clark (sculpture)
- Teju Cole (photographs like a painter, similar to Harry Gruyeart or Alex Web but visually more silent)
- Harry Gruyeart (street, color)
- John DIvola (also how his website is designed, chaos, amazing)
- Juan Gris
Classical about time in photography:
● Dawoud Bey, Birmingham project and polaroids
● Fiona Tan, video portraits
● Jon Rafman, You the World and I, 2010
● Jan Rothuizen
Websites on maps:
●Norma I. Quintana, A Travelling life.
●Mary Ellen Mark, Indian Circus.
Non American photographers, photographing the US, American photographers documenting the US (what am I looking for?):
● Dana Lixenberg (Dutch), Imperial Courts.
●Robin de Puy (Dutch), If This Is True.
●Jacob Holdt(Danish), American Pictures
● Katy Grannan (US), Model America
●Taryn Simon (US), American Index of the Hidden and Unfamiliar.
● Jane campion- A girl’s Own Story. On sisters, a lot left unsaid, recognisable behaviour related to age.
● Sian Davey, Martha.
● Joanna Piotrowska, FROWST
● Darcy Padilla, Family Love.
●Beppie, Johan van der Keuken
●Dries Verhoeven, You are here.
● Sally Mann, Family Pictures.
● Richard Billingham, Ray’s laugh.
● Larry Sultan, Pictures from Home.
● Collier Schorr, 8 women.
● Sunil Gupta, worth checking all his projects. Text and image.
● Zanele Muholi.
● Goodyn Green
● Simons Finnerty, Fantastic Man #32